[linux-dvb] PCI 64 bit devices and USB devices.

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Feb 16 12:51:53 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, [Windows-1252] Daniel García Sáenz wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Someone know a DVB device for pci 64 bits slots?
> Actually I'm using pentamedia and skystar but both have only 32 bits pci
> versions. Most of the actual servers doesn't provide 32b pci but 64bpci so I
> wonder what can we do.

Can't help you with this but:

> Is someone using the USB box of Technisat or other provider wiht linux-tv
> drivers??

I suggest you get an USB2.0 box (Technisat are only USB1.1). Only USB2.0
can deliver the complete TS.

There are several USB2.0 boxes for DVB-T (several dibusb-box (Hauppauge
NOVA-T USB2, ADSTech/Kworld), cinergyT2), but only one (afaik the Twinhan
StarBox is USB2.0) for DVB-S.

For the StarBox the driver is almost ready (afaik), but not in LinuxTV
CVS, but privately written by Ralph Metzler.

The drivers for the DVB-T USB boxes are ready and stable and in LinuxTV
CVS and in the kernel.

HTH,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de