[linux-dvb] [patch 2.6.11-rc3 2/3] av7110: janitoring in attach/detach

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Wed Feb 16 22:45:57 CET 2005

Francois Romieu wrote:
> It would be nice if you could keep the patch isolated until they are
> submitted on l-k. DVB updates come in big chunks which are imho not
> easy to swallow by the (hypothetic) reviewers.  cvs may not help
> though :o|

CVS could help a lot (with cvsps), but the problem is that
there are a lot of white space differences between the
code in the kernel and in our CVS (some horrible indentation
corruption included). This make generating patches for the
kernel a lot more difficult than it should be. Michael
managed to do it anyway, with a lot of manual work, but
I was never really happy with the large chunks he generated.
I will try to create a whitespace-only patch to sync up kernel
and linuxtv.org code, but that's not going to be easy.

Johannes