[linux-dvb] TV-Out card recommendation

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Mon Feb 21 13:50:24 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 12:32 +0000, Laurence Abbott wrote:

> Obviously, video overlay performance would depend on the card!

Indeed! While a G400 gives me much easier setup for DirectFB, which is
preferable in a VDR setup to get smooth playback without judder, I'm
still clinging on to my radeon R100 card which has superior overlay
picture quality, which I attribute to its ten bit overlay color
conversion accuracy. The DirectFB support for radeons is a bit lacking
though.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com>