[linux-dvb] (no subject)

Kenneth Aafløy kenneth at linuxtv.org
Sat Jul 2 01:41:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was thinking while Johannes was doing the real work, merging patches.

What if backward compatability was kept somewhere in CVS, eg /patches.

We check in the Makefile of build-2.6 if the kernel version matches the
current version of CVS, if not we try to apply some patch in /patches.

The patch applied may change the semantics of Makefile so that it does
noe apply the check for higher level kernel, or will bail out if a
higher level kernel is discovered, eg the user upgrades kernel
beneeth our feet.

Any thought on this is appreciated, as it's only a rough idea.

Kenneth