[linux-dvb] CVS of dvb-kernel in sync with current RC?

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Sat Jul 2 17:50:56 CEST 2005

C.Y.M wrote:
> Is the policy going to be that the cvs of the dvb-kernel should be in sync with
> current kernel release candidate (from kernel.org)?
>
> I am using 2.6.13-rc1 with cvs, and just wanted to make sure these changes work
> with 2.6.12?

As was discussed one or two months ago I'm going to maintain
a patch for users against the latest release:
http://linuxtv.org/downloads/patches/2.6.12/

For development CVS should work with latest -rc.

I considered adding some temporary #if KERNEL_VERSION,
they are not difficult to remove when creating patches
for lkml. But they make it much harder to feed back
changes from the kernel into CVS, so I'd like to avoid it.

Johannes