[linux-dvb] Twinhan(chip 878) performance

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Sat Jul 2 20:06:58 CEST 2005

Jukka Tastula wrote:
> On Saturday 02 July 2005 12:14, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>It's not the I2S that is used but the GPIO on the Fusion that is used to
>>transfer data.
>
> Then that's even funnier because the paper says the GPIO bandwidth is
> limited to 20Mbps. I still think it's bytes not bits.

Sorry for the confusion, the data is fed parallely, so that makes it
20Mbps. The docs says parallel HDTV data maybe input at 20Mbps.(1-7)

Elsewhere the doc says, From the packetizer, data goes into the 35x36
FIFO, and from the the FIFO to the PCI Initiator. This mode supports
input frequencies upto 20MBps. (2-53)

Manu