[linux-dvb] DMX_PES_OTHER not working well with FF cards

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 6 09:07:13 CEST 2005

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>Nico Sabbi wrote:
>

>>if I set
>>
>>pesfilter.pes_type = DMX_PES_OTHER;
>>
>>rather than DMX_PES_VIDEO or _AUDIO there are massive packets corruption
>>when using a
>>full-featured card. Is it a bug in the driver or a limitation of the card?
>>

>If this were true than vdr couldn't record.
>
>What do you mean by "massive packets corruption"?
>
>Johannes

that  playing the resulting stream shows tons of macroblock errors.
This morning I updated the firmware and now instead of broken blocks,
catting from dvr0 dumps no data at all.

What I did: in set_demux() of szap.c I set

pesfilter.pes_type = DMX_PES_OTHER;

instead of

pesfilter.pes_type = audio ? DMX_PES_AUDIO : DMX_PES_VIDEO;

I'm using a recent cvs checkout of dvb-kernel. My card seems to be a
revision 1.3.

Thanks,
    Nico