[linux-dvb] AverTVHD/NXT2004 patches

Jean-Francois Thibert (SageTV) jeanfrancois at sagetv.com
Sat Jul 9 01:26:24 CEST 2005

> Hmm, I re-read your code and compared it to the nxt2002-driver.
>
> What do you think of combining both drivers into one nxt200x-driver? For
> me it looks that they are almost equal (except some quirks, of course) and
> you were even fixing some (small) mistakes in your driver, which are
> still in the nxt2002-driver...
>
> I could test the nxt2002-driver, if you would do the tests for
> nxt2004-driver. Of course only if you have the time for that
> game.
>
> Please, tell me your thoughts.
>
> Patrick.

It should be easy to combine them if the proper way of integrating the tuner
frequency setting is done. I didn't know how to do it and didn't have much
time to investigate. The tuner frequency is set through the frontend
registers. I have also modified the multi read / multi write arguments to
allow different value for len than actual data len (some bits seem to be
reserved for other purpose like if it's a write or read and possibly to
extend the address space)

For the other fixes in the previous message, that code was already in the
nxt2002 I believe, except for the spaces issue.

Possibly the other nxt200x chips are quite similar too so it could make sense
to have a single driver. I didn't know before I had finished figuring out how
to configure the chip and there is possibly a few things that could be
removed in the current register settings.

Jean-Francois