WinTV HD (was: Re: [linux-dvb] AverTVHD/NXT2004 patches)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at
Mon Jul 11 19:51:03 CEST 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Mac Michaels wrote:
> Hmm, I have an old Hauppauge WinTV-HD card. It has a nxt2000
> chip on it. I gave up trying to write a driver for it since
> I could not get any information on the nxt2000. Is this
> chip in the nxt200x family you are working on? Is there any
> hope of a Linux driver?

Hmm, as far as I can see, the reference code I have is for all
nxt200x-revisions (nxt2000-nxt2005), there are some ifdef's for some

So I assume that maybe even the nxt2002-driver could work with your card
when you load the correct firmware. This is most likely the hardest
part: to get the firmware. It is somewhere inside the windows-driver.

Maybe this project can help: They have done
quite a lot reverse-engineering.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at