[linux-dvb] ATSC card with 2 RF inputs.

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sat Jul 16 00:17:34 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Mac Michaels wrote:

> Michael,
> Like I said, I don't really like my proposed solution.
> Obviously it would be implemented so that it only switches
> input connectors for the DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-Q board.
> It would have no affect on any other board used by the
> lgdt3302 driver.
> I am fishing for other solutions.

This is what came into my mind: (very schematic)

in the lgdt3302-driver there will be a

int lgdt3302_set_rf_input(*fe, index)
 	/* set the correct rf_input-path */

add a pll_set-callback to the dt3302_config. This callback is called in

if (state->config->pll_set)

in cx88-dvb.c you set the pll_set-callback for the Gold-Q card to a
function which could look like this:

int cx88_gold_q_pll_set(*fe,frontend_parameters)
 	/* do the stuff, eg. set pll1 for 8VSB and/or pll2 for QAM or so */

Along with this, you could also remove the dvb_pll_desc from the frontend
to use a (common) pll_set-callback. IMHO tuner-progamming should not
be in the frontend.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de