[linux-dvb] Re: any news on the Hauppauge/TT Nova-S SE driver ?

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 22 08:23:13 CEST 2005

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
>> I've got another card (stv0299) in the machine, and it works fine with all
>> frequencies (same dish).
>
> Hold on - worked it out. Someone has swapped my development card from hotbird
> to astra28.2E and didn't tell me! That's remote development for you :)
>
> Anyway, *astra* is working fine. I've got a couple of small tweaks to make and
> it'll be done.

Hi, I've checked out your modifications from last night and was able to
make VDR work over softdevice/xv and also kaffeine. Tuning took long in
kaffeine (for VDR I already had channels.conf from my other machine),
and didn't succeed completely on all 4 satellites, except maybe Astra,
where it found over 500 stations (including the scrambled ones). But
over all, not bad, and if you're now telling you're coming up with some
more tweaks, I think your driver will get *very* usable, just from very
brief testing. I'm glad it's working as it is already, thanks!