[linux-dvb] [RFC/PATCH] moving commonly used frontend configs to separate drivers

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Sun Jul 24 23:16:05 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> The reason why I put them into this directory was that I think "NIM"
> equals "frontend" more than "demodulators" do.
>
> OK, I will prefix the new files. I guess "nim_" is enough, because we're
> already in media/dvb.
>
> How about this structure somewhere in the distant future?
>
> dvb
>  +--nim
>      +--demod
>      +--pll

Given that "NIM" is just another name for "frontend", can we
please keep the dvb/frontend/ directory?

I would suggest prefixing the frontend drivers with "fe-", and
just keeping them in the same dir as the demod drivers.
Maybe not as nice, but dead simple.

Otherwise I like your patch, it makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks,
Johannes