[linux-dvb] [RFC] associating pcr with vcxo

Andreas Oberritter obi at linuxtv.org
Tue Jul 26 02:00:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

if you have multiple displays and/or Picture-In-Picture decoding, then
you have to define one PCR per display as master for vcxo control.

Therefore I propose the following simple interface:

struct dmx_stc_mapping {
	unsigned int clock_num;
	unsigned int pcr_num;
}

#define DMX_SET_STC_MAPPING _IOWR('o', 51, struct dmx_stc_mapping)

If you want to swap the PiP windows, then you can just define a new
master instead of stopping and restarting the decoders.

I'd like to add this as soon as possible to CVS together with the DVB-T
voltage stuff, so that the API version does not have to be incremented
twice in a short time.

Regards,
Andreas