[linux-dvb] usb 2.0 v pci

Michal Semler cijoml at volny.cz
Mon Jun 6 00:07:14 CEST 2005

Dne po 6. června 2005 0:01 Jukka Tastula napsal(a):
> On Monday 06 June 2005 00:55, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> > > A cheapo pci card doesn't have an mpeg2 decoder either.
> >
> > I doubt that Dirk wants to do any (at least realtime) decoding on the
> > server, but to stream it to clients for decoding.
>
> So what's this nonsense talk about usb eating more cpu than pci?

when data goes over usb hub, hub needs cpu assist :( USB is sh*t, better use
firewire - try for example usb disks - copying data through usb causes load
3.0 on my ehci controller, copying through firewire load is 0.3...

probably when you will use 6 it will totally gag your cpu

S pozdravem

Michal Semler