[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with
wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sat Jun 11 14:01:37 CEST 2005
On Freitag 10 Juni 2005 15:07, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 01:57:32PM +0200, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > Would it be safe if OSDSetBlock always calls ReleaseBmp
> > at the end? Or should it only do so after success or -ERESTARTSYS?
> > The latter is what I coded for now.
> > I suppose for FW before 261e ReleaseBmp should only be called
> > on success
> Since you cannot be sure the ioctl will be retried I think
> ReleaseBmp should always be caled before exiting from OSDSetBlock.
Here comes a new patch
- make sure ERESTARTSYS will always be propagated
- ReleaseBitmap: starting with Firmware 261e, also release when
- removes unused #define BMP_LOADINGS
- in many cases changed the return value from -1 to something more
meaningful like ETIMEDOUT, EINVAL
- changed syslog message timeout waiting for COMMAND such that it
indicates what command did not complete
- reduce # of arguments for LoadBitmap and BlitBitmap
- av7110_osd_cmd: remove the out: label
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 17790 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20050611/4751582e/restart2.bin
More information about the linux-dvb