[linux-dvb] networked digital tuner project

Wolfgang Wegner wolfgang at leila.ping.de
Sat Jun 11 18:54:18 CEST 2005

Hi Denys,
On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:32:23PM +0300, Denys wrote:
[...]
> There is not too much ways, IMHO, but easiest will be just
> RF block + bt878-like chip + ARM cpu + Network chip(LAN91C111?)
>
> Issue is, maybe if you want to save bandwidth, and use less powerful CPU,
> good to use FlexCop, which have embedded PID filtering.

we are on linux-dvb, so in case of any CPU, I would prefer linux -
IMHO it is just the easiest thing to do because there is so much
infrastructure around (networking, tuner drivers, etc.).

Concerning BT878 or FlexCop: initial discussion started with
"multiple frontends", and this is one of the cuplrits all currently
available cards/chipsets (as long as SAA7146 is not usable for
dual-channel) have. This is one of the things that should be finally
solved with the FPGA solution.

Regards,
Wolfgang