[linux-dvb] Johannes' idea of simple zap (szap)

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Sun Jun 12 23:06:50 CEST 2005

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
>>>I'd be interested in helping with parsing the file formats to start with
>>>- if they were to be exported into a seperate library that is.
>>What i had been doing was ca_zap was split up into 2 libs. One for
>>parsing si and the other just creating EN50221 style commands for the
>>Eventhough, my original idea was that channels.c and filter.c goes to
>>dvb-apps/util/lib, along with lnb.c in similar lines
>>but temporarily to test out ca_zap, i have filter.c and channels.c in
>>libsi itself to make matters simple for me at the moment..
> Aha, so this is where I get the sources :) Thanks, I'll start having a look.

It's not there in CVS yet, waiting a little bit, a day or two just for
cleanups and bugfixes..

> The library structure makes sense to me...

Suggested by Dominique and Johannes.. Dominique played the major role in
making me factorize it.. Actually Dominique had a test suite to test the
libraries. He said he would be willing to extend the test suite as soon
as i finished my stuff.. He has been waiting for a while for me to finish.

Eventhough it was grunt work, that would save me from a lot of wrath
from future HLCI users.. Hence i switched to that idea from a monolithic