[linux-dvb] Johannes' idea of simple zap (szap)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Jun 12 23:26:00 CEST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Manu Abraham wrote:
> What i had been doing was ca_zap was split up into 2 libs. One for parsing si

When I implemented PSIP-scanning to dvbscan I looked for a libsi to use
for section parsing, but I didn't find anything useful. I wrote something
for myself for scan (see atsc_psip_section* in utils/scan). In fact it is
a perl-script which generates c and header-files to have easy and
transparent access (no bitshifting and -masking in scancode) to
section-structures in scan. The current version lacks reading
variable-length string-fields, but I think this is solvable (libsi should
do the memory-management).

Parsing the section in the application looks like this:

struct ATSC_service_location_element e = read_ATSC_service_location_element(b);

accessing it:

switch (e.stream_type) {
  case 0x02: /* video */
       s->video_pid = e.elementary_PID;

and so on.

What do you think? Could this be a way to go on for SI?

Patrick.