[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channe with DD enabled

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Wed Jun 15 06:16:58 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Mittwoch 15 Juni 2005 04:06, C.Y.M wrote:
>
>>Yes, I have a feeling you are correct about there being a bug all along but
>>hidden.  This bug, either in VDR, the drivers, or both, is causing the firmware
>>to crash.
>

> there is certainly still more than one reason for crashes.
>

>>I would be happy to find out which vdr statement gets that EINVAL
>>from the driver, but my programming skills are fairly limited.
>

> I checked my copy of dvbdevice.c at line 819 and it is empty.
>
> What is at that line in your source code? Which version of vdr do you have,
> and what patches are applied?

I am using vdr-1.3.26. I have been playing with some patches like Bigpatch and
have done some code on my own to try and debug the problem.  This snippet should
give you a better idea of what that line is in dvbdevice.c

--SNIP--

if (ioctl(Handle->handle, DMX_SET_PES_FILTER, &pesFilterParams) < 0) {
           LOG_ERROR;   <-- line 819
           return false;
           }

--SNIP--