[linux-dvb] DVB file formats

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Thu Jun 16 14:03:50 CEST 2005

    Andrew> On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:40, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
    >> From: "Johannes Stezenbach" <js at linuxtv.org>
    >> > I would prefer "service", too.  > How about "multiplex"?
    >> Mostly used for dvb-t, but IMHO more generic > than
    >> "transponder".
    >> Time to check out the ETSI docs. See ETSI EN 300 468 chapter 3
    >> "Definitions
    >> an abbreviations": | multiplex: stream of all the digital data
    >> carrying one or more services | within a single physical
    >> channel
    >> |
    >> | service: sequence of programmes under the control of a
    >> broadcaster which | can be broadcast as part of a schedule
    >> Also see Figure 1, which shows the hierarchy:
    >> Networks -> Multiplexes -> Services -> Components
    >> So "multiplex" and "service" are the DVB/ETSI defined terms.

    Andrew> Great! Will update the examples later.

    Andrew> BTW: I was thinking last night. Do we actually need to
    Andrew> know all the PMT entries for the services.

    Andrew> On the sample for a channel, I have: es = <pid> <type>
    Andrew> [<language>] [pcr] ...

    Andrew> Where I was expecting there to be a line for each entry in
    Andrew> the PMT.

I haven't followed the entire thread, so I don't know what has already
been discussed. I just wanted to mention that e.g. mythtv uses the
name transport ( as in transport id) for the multiplexes. You may also
have a look at their way to write the DVB information into the mysql
FWIW there is also the format used by my libdvb, which in its latest
version can translate between x-szap, vdr, satcodx, some old nokia
format, an xml format and its own format for representing DVB channel

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|