[linux-dvb] DVB file formats

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Thu Jun 16 14:32:49 CEST 2005

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 02:10:10PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>Is service_id supposed to be unique in a bouquet too ? or is it only in
>>a transponder ?
> ETSI TR 101 211 says (4.1.1 Network Information Table (NIT) information):
> "The SI uses two labels related to the concept of a delivery system,
> namely the network_id and the original_network_id.
> The latter is intended to support the unique identification of a
> service, contained in a TS, even if that TS has been
> transferred to another delivery system than the delivery system where it
> originated. A TS can be uniquely referenced
> through the path original_network_id/transport_stream_id.
> A service can be uniquely referenced through the path
> original_network_id/transport_stream_id/service_id. The
> network_id, thus, is not part of this path.

Are there any cases that you or somebody else has seen Original Network
ID not to exist or the same like the case seen with service_id as Andrew
and Christopher stated ...

I believe TS_ID also would be unique in that case to be referenced in
hierarchial manner..

> In addition each service_id shall be unique within each
> original_network_id. When a service (contained inside a TS) is
> transferred to another delivery system, only the network_id changes,
> whereas the original_network_id remains
> unaffected."
> However, in practise you cannot rely on this.

I understand what you meant.. That either one of them or a combinaion of
them need not be unique .. ?