[linux-dvb] Can't load Firmware

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Thu Jun 16 17:12:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, "Christian Köhler" wrote:
> I try to load the firmware into my TwinHan Magic USB Box (mod. 7042) to no
> avail. The syslog tells me that no valid firmware is available (see below)
>
> I have the firmware (along with the other firmewares from CVS) accessable
> here: /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-usb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw
> so I think I should be ok.
> How can I find out, what firmware dvb_dibusb tries to load? Or am I missing
> something other than that?

There was a rewrite and renaming (along with the firmware name) of the
dibusb-driver and it is not included in any mainstream kernel, yet. In
dvb-kernel CVS all traces of the old driver have been removed, so the
firmware-files.

Unfortunately the old driver only says that "it doesn't find a firmware"
but not which one. The firmware data from dvb-usb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw is
correct, but not the filename.

It has to be "dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw". So renaming is good enough.

good luck,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de