[linux-dvb] Can't load Firmware

Christian chr_koehler at gmx.info
Thu Jun 16 18:18:28 CEST 2005

Hi Patrick,

thanx for your quick reply!

Unfortunatly that did not solve the problem. I renamed the fw file to
dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw :

# locate dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw
/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw
/lib/firmware/dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw

I double checked the file and compared it with a version I downloaded
from an other source (it is identical).

and pluged in the box again.
syslog still tells me:

# syslog:
kernel: drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: did not find a valid
firmware file.

Anything else I can check? Any debugging I can enable?

Regards
Chris