[linux-dvb] Re: kernel memleak with DVB drivers

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Sat Jun 18 23:57:02 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:50:39PM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

> start the epg scanner, basically:
> #!/bin/bash
> for i in arte ZDF N24 BR-alpha Eurosport VOX; do
> 	tzap -r $i > /dev/null 2>&1 &
> 	pid=$!
> 	tv_grab_dvb > /dev/null
> 	kill $pid
> 	sleep 1
> done
>
> after this, log "free", /proc/slabinfo and /proc/meminfo again.
> Repeat.

what i forgot: I also tried with a running "dvbrowse" (from xawtv4)
instead of tv_grab_dvb and with the dvbd/dvbcat combo instead of
tzap, in various combinations and it alwas had the same effect.
I can change channels endlessly if no "EPG grabber" is running without
memory problems.

> else looks normal. After ~25 to 30 rounds, the machine runs OOM,
> without even starting to swap (sure, kernel memory cannot be swapped).

Both machines have 256MB RAM.
--
Stefan Seyfried