[linux-dvb] pcHDTV 3000 (cx88) - Tunes, locks, but no data - SOLVED

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Mon Jun 20 08:08:37 CEST 2005

Problem solved. I'm still on 2.6.12-rc2, though I suspect this makes no
difference.  The end solution was to physically reloate the card to a slot
where it did not share an IRQ.  This is an older motherboard that has some
crazy IRQ issues.

It would be nice if the driver could spot this situation and complain,
rather than silently acting like everything's OK, but the otherwise
everything seems to work.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.  If anyone would like to track
things down and fix the driver to either detect the situation or (even
better) handle it (if possible) with no problems, I'd be willing to assist
with at least testing help (and I do know C and some of the kernel internals).