[linux-dvb] Air/SkyStar2 IRQ stop (partial) fix

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Jun 22 21:17:09 CEST 2005

Hi list,

after some time of investigation the no-data problem of the
flexcop-pci-driver (f.k.a skystar2-driver) is fixed (partially at least).

Short problem description: after some time stressing the card with
(re)tuning (e.g. as a slave card in VDR doing EPG/channels-scan) the card
stops to producing interrupts and thus delivers not data anymore.

I could only do tests with an old AirStar card which is not really
reliable, because most of the affected cards are SkyStar2 DVB-S and I
don't have easy access to DVB-S.

I highly encourage everyone who suffered/ is suffering from this issue to
either try current CVS of dvb-kernel (requires 2.6.12) or to checkout CVS
from 2005-06-18 and apply this patch [1] (runs with 2.6.9/10/11).
(cvs co -D 2005-06-18 dvb-kernel or cvs up -D 2005-06-18)

Please report your results. Thank you and good luck ;).

best regards,
Patrick.

[1]
http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/fc-irq-check-01.patch