[linux-dvb] Bug found in dvb-usb driver for avermedia

Andrew Hodgson a.s.hodgson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:37:46 CEST 2005

Hi.
   I hope this is the correct email to ask this question. I am new to
this area and mailing list.

   I recently got an avermedia dvb-t usb2 tuner and installed the
latest dvb-kernel.

   The tuner worked really well. I was a little disappointed that even
though there seem to be code to support the remote control it did not
work.

   Last weekend I had some time to debug it and found 3 minor errors
in a800.c and one major bug in dvb-usb-remote.c.

   I believe the bug in dvb-usb-remote.c would stop all dvb-usb
remotes from working.

   I have fixed the bugs and it all now works perfectly.

   The question I have is what is the process for submitting the bug fixes ?

   Is there any review of changes submitted ?

   The reason I ask is I changed something in dvb-usb-remote.c to fix
the auto repeat but I am not confident that my patch, although it
works for me, is appropriate for all tuners.

Thanks in advance

Andrew