[linux-dvb] Bug found in dvb-usb driver for avermedia

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Fri Jun 24 11:29:32 CEST 2005

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>   I hope this is the correct email to ask this question. I am new to
> this area and mailing list.

It is correct.

>   I recently got an avermedia dvb-t usb2 tuner and installed the
> latest dvb-kernel.
>
>   The tuner worked really well. I was a little disappointed that even
> though there seem to be code to support the remote control it did not
> work.
>
>   Last weekend I had some time to debug it and found 3 minor errors
> in a800.c and one major bug in dvb-usb-remote.c.
>
>   I believe the bug in dvb-usb-remote.c would stop all dvb-usb
> remotes from working.

Please create a diff (cvs diff -u) and send the output (with comments) to
the list. It'll be appreciated.

Problem e.g. with the AverMedia is, that I only can rely on users
comments, because I don't have this box for myself. This is problematic,
because it is not just a simple clone of the ones I have here for testing.

Thanks in advance for posting your patches,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de