[linux-dvb] dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878 subsystem 1822/0001

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Sat Jun 25 02:01:56 CEST 2005

Oivind wrote:
> This might be a question for another forum. I have tried vlc on IRC
> without success. So anyway;
>
> I have now finished rewriting the basics ca_set_pmt(), and the Twinhan
> card finally replies (see dmesg below). But the computer is in a
> serverroom without a console, so I need to stream the output with vlc
> (0.8.1 Janus) to watch the result. I wonder if I do this correctly.
>
> Method one (this already works great on an unscrambled channel);
> I run vlc in dvb mode, like this...

Can you just try to write it out to a file via NFS or anything else ,
maybe you can try to telnet to that machine get a sample clip of the
output file using test_dvr or something like that, ftp it and check that
clip for testing it out ?

Since i don't know much about VLC, i have used it but never took a look
under it's hood.. A blackbox.. in fact ..

Manu