[Re: [linux-dvb] Auto repeat patch for budget-ci.c]

Doug Scoular dscoular at cisco.com
Tue Jun 28 04:45:13 CEST 2005

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Kladnig wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just tried using the patch you've suggested, but I've found that
> everytime I press a key I get two characters output.

    Looking closer at the patch Damian wrote I see he is
    assuming use of the grey Hauppauge remote that comes with
    some Nova-Ts. He blew away the code that stops Zenith
    remotes doing the double send thing. He has set a #define
    GREY_HAUPPAUGE but that only makes the keymap
    conditional... not the repeat key handling code.

    I think I'll have to have a go at reworking Damian's patch
    more extensively, however I really don't have the skills.

    So would I be correct in thinking that you are trying this
    with a remote other than the grey Hauppauge Nova-T remote
    (which BTW is identical to the one that came with my old
    PVR-350) ?

    Maybe the code should use a module parameter to determine
    which remote it should deal with rather than use #defines...
    anyone have any thoughts ?

    Cheers,

    Doug