[linux-dvb] unable to forward ip traffic from dvb interface to ethernet

George Xylouris xilouris at iit.demokritos.gr
Fri Mar 4 20:16:22 CET 2005

Hi, I have the following problem :

I have a Linux (Debian Sarge) PC with kernel 2.6.10  which i want to act as a
router among a DVB-S PCI card and an ethernet card.  The IP packets are
encapsulated with MPE.
I have made the following steps ....

I create the dvb interface with dvbnet -p 300
I tune using the szap

I do the ifconfig dvb0_0 up 0.0.0.0 promisc
i can see the packets arriving in my machine
when the packets are destined to me everything is OK

echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/all/forwarding
echo "0" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/all/rp_filter

in order to activate ip forwarding

When the packets are for another machine connected in my ethernet LAN the
packets are not forwarded at all.

ANY HELP !!!!

G.X

PS

The same happens when i use  SuSE 9.2 Professional