[linux-dvb] Display artifacts with VisionPlus (Twinhan) DVB-T card

Matthew Phillips linux-dvb at mattp.name
Sat Mar 12 07:06:19 CET 2005

Hello all, I'm having some problems with some Australian DVB-T
channels, which I'm hoping someone here might have a clue about. The SD
pictures I'm getting on some channels have, either at the top or bottom
of the picture, a line of blank pixels which sometimes have some white
streaks.

I've attached an example, the rogue pixels are at the top left
(hopefully attachments are handled on this list). Sometimes this blank
line has a steady set of white pixels as in the example, which flicker
irritatingly :/ Sometimes the pixels spontaneously go away only to pop
back up again later.

This happens on channel 9 and 10 here in Adelaide, but not for 2, 7 or
SBS. I'm seeing this both in MythTV and from dvb_stream pumped into
mplayer, so I'm fairly sure it's the DVB backend that's the problem.
I've tried fiddling with all the various tuning params, to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas what else I could try to isolate the problem?

Cheers,

Matthew.

System: Fedora Core 3 (2.6.10 kernel), VIA EPIA M10000N with VisionPlus
VisionDTV plugged into rooftop antenna.