[linux-dvb] Display artifacts with VisionPlus (Twinhan) DVB-T card

Matthew Phillips linux-dvb at mattp.name
Sun Mar 13 10:25:48 CET 2005

On 13/03/2005, at 6:20 PM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Matthew Phillips wrote:
>> On 12/03/2005, at 7:47 PM, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>> even better: upload the sample to
>>> ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming and post the filename,
>>> please
>> It's now at ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/dvb_artifact.jpg.
> ah, those lines!
> Yesterday Robert explained that hey are really encoded in the video
> stream, I see them too occasionally.
> As usual providers transmit a digitized crap

Yes, it's very irritating that they feel they need to broadcast their
bookkeeping information and partially ruin the quality advantage of DTV

Further observation indicates that the blank line is always there, the
white dashes seem to turn up on old (analog) content.

I've posted a query to the mythtv list to see if anyone there knows how
to crop the noise out.