[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 200i

w-thiel at gmx.net w-thiel at gmx.net
Sat Mar 19 20:16:05 CET 2005

Hi Christophe,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 09:07:24PM +0100, Christophe Thommeret wrote:
> Get Kaffeine cvs :
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/kaffeine co kaffeine
> cd kaffeine
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> make install (as root)

Perhaps a bit off-topic here:
Many thanks for your nice dvb support to kaffeine.
I'm using the CVS version only since yesterday.
I have a problem:
It seems kaffeine is grabbing all dvb-devices, but isn't releasing all
of them after "quit": I cannot reload the drivers (2.6.11) because my
second card (Skystar 2.6B) is still in use:-(

Another thing: I have a motorized dish:
- if I understand the code correctly, channels that have the same name
  cannot be added: this is a wrong behavior: we have CNN e.g. on 19e,
  13e, 28e, etc. IMHO, a channel should only be rejected if it is on the
  same transponder/satellite/same SID.
- It would be nice to be able to select the channels of the currently
  tuned-to satellite _only_ via the DVB tab. I'm using another program
  to move my dish, I don't need channels displayed that are _not_
  available on the current satellite.

And still another thing:
 If I could un-check a checkbox "Check NIT on every transponder" during a
 scan, some scans e.g. on 28e would be much faster. It would even avoid
 having transponders twice, like on 13e, where the NITs are not really
 correct(doing a check within ~ 2 MHz should solve the problem, though).

Many thanks for your great work,

 Wolfgang