[linux-dvb] Kaffeine from CVS with DVB support

Jim Darby jim at jimbocorp.uklinux.net
Sun Mar 20 15:26:53 CET 2005

I've just downloaded the CVS kaffeine with Christophe's excellent DVB
support.

It almost works fine, but I've hit a few hitches.

When I first ran it, it said the ``kaffiene parts'' was missing but it
still might work. Very odd. I look at it had installed a library call
libkaffeibepart.so in /usr/lib.

The second problem, which might well be related, is that in the Go! tag
I can't watch DVD, VCD or audio CDs. The file open works fine.

Similarly in the DVB tab I get to see all the stations but they're all
greyed out and I can't actually watch any of them. I can set timers and
it works but I can't watch live TV.

Once again many thanks to Christophe for his excellent work. This also
goes for the rest of the kaffeine and Xine teams.

Jim.
--
Jim Darby <jim at jimbocorp.uklinux.net>
The Jimbo Corporation