[linux-dvb] i2c ack_error

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Mar 23 08:38:47 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Sean Devine wrote:

Hi Sean,

> I have an Air2PC ATSC PCI card running a Fedora Core 3.  Using the CVS
> drivers with kernel 2.6.11-5 segfaulted on the modprobe (i can post a trace
> if anyones interested),

Yes, please.

> but on 2.6.10 it loaded ok aside from this i2c ack_error.

These i2c errors are "correct". The *Star Cards/Boxes don't have any
information stored, which determines the actual type. So we have to probe
for the right demodulator to find it out. So just ignore the i2c-errors on
the driver load.

The number of ack-errors will be lower in a future commit of mine. But one
ack-error per probe-i2c-read, will stay.

> dvbscan -cvvv works in a sense that it finds 4 programs from the
> PAT/PMT, and azap shows a signal lock, but cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 >
> blah.ts does not produce any output.

Did you run azap with the -r parameter?

> Mar 23 14:37:00 localhost wait_for_sysfs[8774]: either wait_for_sysfs (udev
> 039) needs an update to handle the device '/class/dvb' p
> roperly (class specific file unavailable) or the sysfs-support of your
> device's driver needs to be fixed, please report to <linux-ho
> tplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Maybe you want to update your udev-scripts?

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de