[linux-dvb] Audio Dropout on DVB recordings - Air2PC

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 24 02:09:43 CET 2005

Quoting Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com>:

> I'm getting audio dropouts, part-way through a recording, which then
> fail to correct. This leaves me with recordings which have perfect
> video the entire length, but no audio after the point of no recovery.

This is a software issue in Myth.. There is nothing wrong with the driver..
There are numerous threads with me answering the same thing.. USE TS MODE.. I
even gave some temporary solutions until I get it fixed right..

> Closing and re-opening the card re-init's the stream, and the audio
> returns, which makes me think this is correctable.

> I have a nice strong signal. I've tried both PS and TS mode, no change.

If your signal is so strong why do you keep loosing packets?  Is it possible you
have a high signal level, but low SNR?

I appologize for replying to myth questions here, but I wanted to stop this
before this thread grew anymore..

Taylor