[linux-dvb] tda1004x firmware upload problem

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Sun Mar 27 03:47:26 CEST 2005

su, 2005-03-27 kello 02:06 +0100, Kenneth Aafløy kirjoitti:
> Call on when you know how firmware.agent is behaving,

Crapola. I got a big honking hunch on the problem after eyeing the
script, and just had to boot to check (even though it interrupted
something, but that can be redone).

And lo and behold: The culprit all along was that I have /sys
bind-mounted into my x86 chroot. And the kernel is too smart for its own
good and marks this as a sysfs mount in /proc/mounts. And here's how
firmware.agent decides where to look for sysfs:

SYSFS=$(sed -n 's/^.* \([^ ]*\) sysfs .*$/\1/p' /proc/mounts)

Now, on this system that returned two lines. What fun.

After I unmounted the chroot sysfs version, just plugging the device in
worked flawlessly. (This should probably be considered a hotplug bug;
perhaps it should just add a head -1 to the above or something. I'll
report.)

So, you were right all along. Thanks to everyone involved.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>