[linux-dvb] CAM with Budget, Why no decryption?

irk irk at ieee.org
Tue Mar 29 23:14:47 CEST 2005

>> What might be the reasons for perfect initialisation but no
>> actual decryption happening?
> The software that you use to watch dvb has to support cams,
> what software are you using?

Hmm, there is probably a less typical thing here: I am streaming the
TS streams extracted from the card installed in a server using IP multicast
over LAN and  use the VLC player to watch  DVB. This works marvelously
with unencrypted streams. So I think if  I get decrypted TS packets from
the card it should be the same? Is there any prinicpal problem here?

irk