[linux-dvb] about to buy a FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus card

jignesh at jignesh.is-a-geek.net jignesh at jignesh.is-a-geek.net
Wed Nov 2 23:57:31 CET 2005

> On the contrary - the cx88 is exactly why you should prefer the Gold!
> It has a decent sized FIFO for digital data transfer, while the bt878
> was not designed for it.

I do prefer the GOLD version and the cx88.  :-)  I was just saying that
the bttv driver has been out for a long time (and as such it is bound to
be mature).  And even the chip itself originated from an old company named
brooktree.  (brooktree got bought over by Rockwell, who later spun off
it's semiconductor sector into Conexant and then Conexant spun off a
whole bunch of other smaller companies, and all hell broke lose.  trust
me, i speak out of experience. ;) the cx stands for conexant.)