[linux-dvb] Best way for multiple frontends on one dvb-adapter

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:44:38 CET 2005

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> As Ralph pointed out, there are applications out there, which are not
> working with dvrX and demuxX (X >= 1). So in that case it's maybe
> better to register a dvb_adapter per stream-input to be more
> compatible with applications.

It would be better to fix the broken applications, than to fix the
applications that are broken in software. IMHO, this is a very bad

I remember somebody suggesting me to incorporate for a bug in an
application's CI stack for CA_PMT length in the driver since the
application was doing it wrong.

IMHO, driver/kernelspace is not the place to fix userspace application

I would say that the application needs to be fixed in that case ,
inorder to use the proper frontend/dvr/demux. I had been working a bit
on a dual DVB-S card on the same approach. (But still struggling a bit
on the tuner part a bit for now, since the same approach is used on both
card types). ie,