[linux-dvb] What is correct firmware kernel config in 'Generic driver options'?

Rollo Gleeson rollo_g at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 20:41:01 CET 2005

Before I recompile a kernel I would like to be sure that the general
firmware settings are optimised for DVB. I cannot find any decent
information on this anywhere.

So, drivers aside, what are the best firmware settings in the kernel config?
How does the following look?

Device drivers --> Generic driver options
   [ ] select only drivers that don't need compile time firmware.
   [ ] prevent firmware from being built.
   [*] Hotplug firmware loading support.

Thanks for advice.

Rollo

PS. Thanks Patrick for input on 'Re: Lite-On Technology USB stick
supported?'