[linux-dvb] Re: scan loops forever

Simon Morgan sjmorgan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 21:28:58 CET 2005

On 05/11/05, Simon Morgan <sjmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> scan has been running for well over 2 hours now and keeps spitting out
> the same channels over and over again. Is this a bug? Surely it
> shouldn't take this long seeing as the Windows software that came with
> the card managed to pick up all the available channels in a couple of
> minutes.

This definitely looks like a bug. I've found at least 2 other people
experiencing the same problem:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24788
http://www.edlug.org.uk/archive/May2005/msg00017.html

Does anybody have any ideas how I could work around this? The second
URL mentions "you can enter the multiplex information manually then
scan each multiplex individually" but I have no idea what the they're
on about. God I wish there was some decent documentation on this.