[linux-dvb] AverTV Hybrid+FM support

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Mon Nov 14 19:54:09 CET 2005

On Monday 14 Nov 2005 18:28, Barry Scott wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> >Cheapi2c monitors the i2c hardware lines on the card, so you get a raw
> > dump of everything going over that bus. You have to work out which lines
> > these are by yourself. IMO this is the easiest option
>
> The assuming is the problem.
>
> >(assuming you know which lines to
> >attach to!).
>
> The spec for the mt352 is freely down loadable from Zarlink. However
> with the wires being so
> small its would be very challenging to attach the CheapI2C to the chip.

You'll have a tuner module on there as well I assume? (and I guess you don't
have docs on that?) Thats where I would attach them.

If you get a multimeter which can be set into a mode where it beeps on a short
circuit it is really quick to "beep out" which line is which on the tuner
module. As you know the pinout of the mt352, should be relatively
straightforward.