[linux-dvb] looking for a good ad-removal utility

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Fri Nov 18 14:09:44 CET 2005

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
>>>To losslessly edit DVB-T recordings I am presently using GopChop
>>>(http://gopchop.sourceforge.net), which is slow and clunky but gives
>>>good output (i.e: no A/V desync) without having to remux the file.
>>>Are there better solutions out there?

There is a brand new tool being worked on as part of the MythTV project.
It's already available for testing and some people use it with good
results. See this thread:

Download is here:

Alas, I am not sure if there is a plan to make it available separately
once it's integrated into myth. If you are interested, probably now it's
the time to contact the author.