[linux-dvb] Aspect ratio changes causes a/v sync problems

Tero Siironen tero.siironen at mail.suomi.net
Tue Nov 22 21:07:53 CET 2005

Since I got no answers from vdr mailinglist I'm posting this to here also.

I've problems with playback of recording where two aspect ratio changes
occurs in a short time. This causes audio and video to lose their sync.
Usually this happens when last ad in commercial break is in 16:9 format,
"returning to program"-clip is 4:3 and the program is again in 16:9 format.
After this sequence video playback starts to drop frames and audio gets
played late compared to video. Rewinding or forwarding the playback a bit
corrects the problem until the next commercial break ends.

I uploaded a short example clip (12,1MB) to:
http://kotisivu.suomi.net/izero/001.vdr

Tested with vanilla vdr, versions 1.3.27, 1.3.33 and 1.3.36 and ttpci
firmware versions 261a, 261d and 261f. Nothing is printed to syslog when
this happens. Any ideas what might cause this?

System:
FC1 with 2.6.13 kernel and its dvb-drivers
P2 350MHz
Technotrend DVB-C 2.1 FF card
128MB RAM

--