[linux-dvb] DVB-S2 and other (new) modulation standards

Robert Schlabbach robert_s at gmx.net
Wed Nov 23 19:45:11 CET 2005

From: "Felix Domke" <tmbinc at elitedvb.net>
> That would go with Johannes' proposal to rename FE_QPSK into FE_DVBS,
> FE_QAM to FE_DVBC, FE_OFDM to FE_DVBT and FE_VSB8 to FE_ATSC. And we
> would add a FE_DVBS2, and maybe FE_DVBH. I strongly agree with this
> proposal.

What about "QAM" aka ITU-T J.83 Annex B aka OpenCable? Not sure, but I
think some "QAM" cards are already supported. Also, I think the ATSC has
defined a digital satellite transmission system, too (though it's more or
less a 1:1 copy of DVB-S), so maybe it should be called ATSCT? Then there's
the Japanese ISDB-T... And BTW what about DAB/DMB...?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s at gmx.net