Broadcom 3510 was Re: [linux-dvb] Question regarding Air2PC r3 (Nxt2002 based)...answer may have implications for Nxt200x driver

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at
Tue Nov 29 17:11:47 CET 2005

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>> Anyways, the r3 does demodulate QAM -- you can read about some user
>>> experiences here:
>> In regards to the Broadcom 3510 based Air2PC r0.2 card still selling
>> on ebay, it appears from the Broadcom product brief
>> ( ) that it
>> should be able to handle demodulation of a QAM source.  Anyone know of
>> any show stoppers that might prevent that from being realized? (Patrick?)
> Maybe it is working with QAM64, I just tested it with QAM256 and there
> was a unreasonable high error rate.
> BBTI told me that there are some hardware problems (either in the demod
> or in the tuner not being able to shift QAM-signals correctly to IF)
> which prevent the device from being used with QAM.

Yes, and this also applies to the nxt2002 based Air2PC. See

There are some people who have it working but that's a small minority.
For most people QAM is a no go and it does seem like a hardware issue.
(Could it be QAM64 vs QAM256?)

OTOH, the new lgdt3303 based card works beautifully with QAM.