[linux-dvb] Freecom usb DVB-T Tuning problem

mike choy mike at acaciaclose.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 14:39:12 CET 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, mike choy wrote:
>> Have just purchased one of these on the basis that it should work.
>> Under windows it works just fine, but I noticed the software is locked
>> by a CD Key
> You don't need a CD key for the Linux drivers.  I have the same piece of
> kit and it works fine.
>> I have downloaded the following firmware
>> dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
>> <http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/firmware/dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw>
>> and installed to /lib/firmware.
>>> md5sum
>> shows
>> 782c9937b3f42e5248584570857c8b7f  dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
> You might need to put it in:
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
> I've had conflicting reports and just put it in both, so haven't tested
> which one it's coming from.
>> dvb-usb: found a 'WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)'
>> in warm state.
>> dvb-usb: will use the device's hardware PID filter (table count: 15).
>> DVB: registering new adapter (WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver
>> (Typhoon/Freecom)).
>> DVB: registering frontend 0 (WideView USB DVB-T)...
>> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs.
>> dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)
>> successfully initialized and connected.
>> usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_dtt200u
>> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
> I'm not seeing the firmware loading.  Perhaps the problem?
Not sure why it is not showing firmware loading, sadly have confirmed
that it is loading, as the
green LED does not come on if the firware is not in /lib/firmware. Where
it goes will depend on the distro

What distro and kernel version are you using?
Did you patch the 2.6.13 like I did?
What date is on your dvb stick
what does lsusb -v show?

Mike C