[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T card for PCI-X + Digital-RADIO-Linux-Questions

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Sat Oct 1 02:52:25 CEST 2005

Miernik wrote:
> How did you record / create your file?
> What commands to use?

I use VDR to record TV and Radio for me and then use the following to
convert a VDR recording to an mp2 file:
# vdrsync.pl -audio-only -o . ???.vdr

If I want to use this with my MP3 player then I use lame to re-encode as
mp3.

There are many alternative ways of doing this, for another example see
http://www.carfax.org.uk/docs/DVB/

There are many Linux tools which understand DVB & MPEG and vary from
complete media-center solutions to command line tools. e.g. VDR, MythTV,
mplex, dvbstream, mplayer, mencoder, transcode, mjpegtools. I'm afraid
you'll have to spend some time googling and experimenting to work our
what works best for you.

	Jon